Mark Kopec Now
Welcome to the Kopec Law Firm website, where we provide comprehensive information on shoulder replacement malpractice, including surgeries and the potential complications associated with them. If you believe you have been a victim of medical malpractice related to a shoulder replacement surgery, our experienced legal team is here to assist you in pursuing a claim.
Shoulder replacement surgery, also known as shoulder arthroplasty, is a procedure performed to relieve pain and restore function in a damaged or diseased shoulder joint. The surgery involves replacing the damaged parts of the shoulder joint with artificial components, typically made of metal and plastic.
During the procedure, the surgeon makes an incision to access the shoulder joint. The damaged bone and cartilage are then removed, and the artificial components are securely implanted. The surgeon carefully aligns and attaches these components to ensure proper joint function. Once the procedure is complete, the incision is closed, and the patient begins the recovery process.
While shoulder replacement surgeries can provide significant relief and improved mobility for patients, like any surgical procedure, they carry certain risks and potential complications. Negligence or errors during the surgery can lead to adverse outcomes.
Complications that may arise from shoulder replacement surgeries include:
1. Infection: There is a risk of developing an infection at the surgical site, which may require additional treatment, such as antibiotics or, in severe cases, revision surgery.
2. Implant Failure: The artificial components used in shoulder replacement surgeries can sometimes fail, leading to pain, instability, or limited range of motion. This may necessitate revision surgery to replace or repair the implants.
3. Nerve or Blood Vessel Damage: During the surgery, nearby nerves or blood vessels may be inadvertently damaged, resulting in numbness, weakness, or circulation problems in the affected arm.
4. Instability or Dislocation: Improper alignment or inadequate fixation of the artificial components can cause shoulder instability or dislocation, leading to pain and functional limitations.
5. Adverse Reactions: Some patients may experience allergic reactions or sensitivity to the materials used in the implants, resulting in inflammation or discomfort.
If you suspect that your shoulder replacement surgery has resulted in complications due to medical malpractice, it is crucial to consult with an experienced attorney specializing in medical malpractice claims. At the Kopec Law Firm, we will evaluate the details of your case, gather necessary evidence, and guide you through the legal process.
Attorney Mark Kopec has extensive experience in handling medical malpractice claims. He is a top-rated medical malpractice attorney and specializes in medical malpractice cases throughout Maryland and Washington, D.C. When you call, you will speak directly with Attorney Kopec. You will not be handed off to an assistant like at other law firms.
We understand the complexities involved and are committed to fighting for your rights. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation and discuss your potential claim. Call 800-604-0704.
What Our Clients Say About Us
At the Kopec Law Firm, we are grateful that satisfied clients express their appreciation!
- 1 Free Consultation
- 2 Talk to a Lawyer
- 3 No Fee Unless You Win